On Friday, I got to go visit my friend and her new baby. I was taught to always bring food, but I wanted to bring her something just for her too. I quickly poked around on Pinterest and found a list at Happy Home Fairy that seemed like it had some good suggestions. I jotted down some suggestions and we hit Target to pick up some supplies.
I rounded up a few things I have on my wishlist. It’s more like an “I would eventually like to own this” list than a Christmas list per se’, since there’s lots of pricey things on here. But just because I can’t have it all, doesn’t mean I can’t drool over it, right?
- I’d love a Kindle paperwhite. My e-reader is a few years old and showing it’s age. This would be a great upgrade.
- Woudn’t it look snazzy in this persimmon-colored cover?
- I love this Cape Town skyline print from loosepetals on Etsy.
- I think the small Capiz Orb would look amazing in our entry way. Or maybe on the landing.
- Since we have a basement & backyard now, we’re ready to build furniture! This book should get us started.
- Our thermostat is old, and finicky. I want to upgrade it to the Nest. Badly.
- Oh and along with our furniture building we’d like to add some crown in the living room. The Kreg crown pro should help with all the angles!
- We need a LOT more art for all the floors of this house. I’d love to do a travel theme somewhere & I think this calendar will be a great start!
- We have the perfect corner for a wingback & the Ikea Strandmon is gorgeous & comfy.
- She loves the Ikea throws she took over. (I’m not sure why she want’s another one – she already has two).
- This ducky toy looks good for shaking.
- This squirrel toy claims to improve doggy problem solving skills. I think she wants it so she can solve the “problem” of being in her crate while we’re at work.
- She loves her “puppy crack” so it’s ALWAYS on the list. Teenie Greenies, for a teenie pup.
- This stuffing-less penguin also looks good for shaking. (Can you tell she likes shaking toys.)
What’s on your list?
We were spoiled rotten around here for Christmas. It was our first Christmas away from both families, and the poor UPS guy stopped by a LOT with all the Christmas mail sent our way. We got some great things, but I wanted to share a few of my favorite items.
We got a Keurig! I mostly drink instant coffee, but its really nice to be able to make a cup of ‘fancy coffee’ so easily. It’s official, I love it. Now I just have to order some hot chocolate cups. Yumm.
I also got this gorgeous candle in my stocking from the darling husband. Good pick, honey! It smells amazing & I’ll definitely be saving the pretty glass jar when the candle is all used up.
My last, but certainly not least, favorite thing of the day is my new iPhone/iPod alarm clock. I got to wake up to the music of my choosing this morning. Not the radio (which ALWAYS has awful static or an obnoxious ad), not a horrible beep-beep-beep, just a lovely song of my choosing. I feel so grown up. P.S. the white light numbers are awesome.
I got some other awesome gifts too, but I won’t bore you by showing off everything. Did you get any new favorite things?