At the beginning of the month I posted a list of things I’d like to accomplish in August.
As per the first photo, one item on the list was to hang up the stack of frames I had lying around the house. I finally decided on hanging them in the master bedroom. I’m not sure that I love it as much as the other gallery walls in the house, but I’m glad they’re finally off the floor. Perhaps I should tweak the art in the frames a bit, to get it to look just right.
Continuing in the master bedroom, I also set a goal to update our super boring master bedroom by sewing some pillow covers for our bed. Once I settled on the fabric to use, it took less than 30 minutes! One side is a fun teal chevron and the other side has some lighter teal blue dots.
The last three things on my list were all for the guest room. I planned on painting my $5 thrift store chair that I use as a desk chair in the guest room. I also wanted to paint my universe-donated wooden frame and turn it into a chalkboard. Although I initially attempted to paint the chair yellow, due to some technical difficulties, both the chair and the mirror are blue. And I LOVE the color!
I also did some other things.
- I sewed a cute little scatter cushion for the guest room bed
- I made a delicious peach & almond torta (twice)
- I re-covered my thrift store find chair
- I found some GORGEOUS dining room chairs
- I fixed last month’s painted frame flop
- I hung my $25 gallery wall in the entryway.
- I found a new lamp & updated the bookshelf in the living room.
Well that’s what I got up to this month! Did you get anything checked off your to do list? Stay tuned for my September list!