We made these muffins last night. Had to wait until late so that it didn’t seem as insane to turn on the oven. Whatever extra heat I generated was well worth it! These are delicious. So delicious we started planning the next batch as soon as we each had a belly full of our first muffin!
We don’t have a large food processor & I was trying to be healthy (since I plan on having these for breakfast occasionally) so I decided not to grind up the oats as per the recipes linked above. After some quick googling, I found another (similar) recipe that gave me the guts to just go for it (and suggested a slightly lower oven temperature)!
I am so glad I decided to forgo grinding the oats. I love the texture of these muffins & they’re particularly delicious sliced in half with a smear of margarine! Yumm!
Okay, enough about the process, here are the details.
Gluten-Free Banana Oat Muffins
- 2.5 cups gluten-free old-fashioned Oats
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup splenda (or sugar)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare 12 cup muffin tin with foil liners or non-stick spray
- Mash bananas in large bowl
- Add yogurt and eggs, mix
- Add oats, mix and let sit
- In a separate bowl mix baking powder, baking soda, and Splenda
- Fold into oat mixture
- Scoop into muffin pan
- Bake for 25 minutes on top shelf of oven